Home        Shop     10 Most Popular Products    FREE Library    Site Overview    Forums    About Us    Advertise

Free Forums for Video Producers and Serious Hobbyists.

Forum Guidelines
The Members Only Forum is visible only after you have joined.

lens rental

Skip to Content

Quote Reply
VX2100 problem AGAIN!
As I posted earlier I had a problem with the display on my VX2100 and it not showing any recording information in the display. I sent it in to have it repaired and it worked fine and was able to show the recording info (shutter speed, tape speed, record light, etc..). Now i keep this camera in the big Sony aluminum case so it is very well protected and I'm very careful with how I handle all my equipment. Now to the new problem:

I pull it out of the case at this Saturdays wedding and everything in the flip out display and the eye display has a green tint to it. I tried white balancing it and nothing! Having no other choice I had to go ahead and record with it but I used it as my balcony cam. I praying that Vegas can color correct this green tint out but wanted to know if any of you have had this problem with a VX2100 before and what was the fix?

TIA

Good Friend, around these hearth stones, speak no evil of any creature.

Warning: Exposure to the Son can prevent burn!

from longridr in the Members Only Forum:

I have a happy ending to my VX2000 gone bad saga from a couple of weeks ago. In a nutshell: Arrived at wedding, pulled out camera to shoot bridal prep, picture is an eerie green! Nothing I did in the settings would change it. After hand wringing, cussing, shock,denial, and finally acceptance, I used one of my TRV900's and continued on. Checked this board for advice, found out it was probably CCD burnout and should contact Sony. Well, I went on their site and sure enough they have a "recall" of sorts on Sony CCD's manufactured between certain dates. I filled out their online form, two days later they emailed me a UPS shipping label, I sent it off, ten days later I have my camera back good as new, shot my latest wedding Saturday and all is well again!
Doug G.

Here's the Sony Website to get help.

Good Luck!
Steve Godsey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who get binary, and those who don't.

Last edited by:

Vidiot Tech: Sep 5, 2006, 10:06 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Vidiot Tech] VX2100 problem AGAIN! In reply to

In Reply To
[/quote]
Here's the Sony Website to get help.

Where?

"For weddings people want a rose tinted record of what it really was and this is much easier with stills so I can't see video ever being in the driving seat here." - photog -

"I personally can't stand the video dslr set ups these days ... way too much - too static and just in everyone's way - mine, priest, and guests. The whole issue of them not having auto focus - makes it necessary for them to do rehearsal shots - and that takes up so much time." - photog -

"A photograph helps you remember an event in the manner you want to remember the event.
Video makes you remember an event how it actually happened... good or bad." - photog -
Quote Reply
Re: [Brackish] VX2100 problem AGAIN! In reply to
Try this... SONY WEBSITE
Steve Godsey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who get binary, and those who don't.

Last edited by:

Vidiot Tech: Sep 5, 2006, 11:37 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Vidiot Tech] VX2100 problem AGAIN! In reply to

In Reply To
Try this... SONY WEBSITE

Thanks, Steve, it works now. I was hoping they'd maybe list the serial
numbers of the affected cams.

"For weddings people want a rose tinted record of what it really was and this is much easier with stills so I can't see video ever being in the driving seat here." - photog -

"I personally can't stand the video dslr set ups these days ... way too much - too static and just in everyone's way - mine, priest, and guests. The whole issue of them not having auto focus - makes it necessary for them to do rehearsal shots - and that takes up so much time." - photog -

"A photograph helps you remember an event in the manner you want to remember the event.
Video makes you remember an event how it actually happened... good or bad." - photog -

Quote Reply
When have you known Sony to make anything that easy? All they'll tell you is the general date range.

But from what I read here they're pretty good about getting them in & fixing them.
Steve Godsey

Quote Reply
Well I called Full Compass up and there was no fix over the phone so I had to ship the camera up to them again to get it fixed. We did manage to figure out that the red CCD sensor is what failed because reds show up as b&w or shades of gray. $55.00 to ship it to them plus whatever the costs of repairs and then shipping back to me. Philip I'll call you tomorrow if thats ok. Thanks for your very kind offer. Vidiot Tech thank you for posting that link... I printed out the claim form already.

In Reply To
Well I called Full Compass up and there was no fix over the phone so I had to ship the camera up to them again to get it fixed. We did manage to figure out that the red CCD sensor is what failed because reds show up as b&w or shades of gray. $55.00 to ship it to them plus whatever the costs of repairs and then shipping back to me. Philip I'll call you tomorrow if thats ok. Thanks for your very kind offer. Vidiot Tech thank you for posting that link... I printed out the claim form already.

So Sony wouldn't fix it for free?Shocked
Hierarchy Media
Quote Reply
Re: [RustyB] VX2100 problem AGAIN! In reply to

In Reply To

In Reply To

So Sony wouldn't fix it for free?Shocked

I did not even call Sony because I'm sure it would take much longer to have them fix it than Full Compass who can probably have it back to me either later this week or early next week. I have a double wedding weekend next week so I need it back. I believe from what I read that as long as I got it fixed at an authorized service center that they will reimburse me. Imight be wrong but I think thats what I read.

Full Compass called me today and the repairs this time are going to cost me $253 as the Red Prism Block went dead which is why the picture appeared green in color. This camera is costing me far more than my VX2000 ever cost me!