Here’s what you get:
“Mastering the Sony PMW-EX1” is the easiest way to learn both the fundamentals and advanced features of the Sony EX1 & EX1R camcorders and their tapeless workflow.
This 3-hour, 2-DVD workshop includes tutorials, step-by-step examples, and detailed instructions covering the most important aspects of camera setup, menus, shooting techniques, clip naming, file management, clip importing, picture profile settings, basic editing, and even archiving.
“This EX1 training DVDs are an essential purchase. Even for someone like me who uses the camera most days and knows most of what it can do. I learnt quite a few little things from it and for the beginner this is the best learning tool out there. You learn more here that any manual and it’s great for quick reference.” Philip Bloom
These DVDs will pay for itself many times over by saving you hours of time figuring out things on your own. This is a completely independent production with no participation, sponsorship, input, or approval from Sony — so it delivers unbiased information and professional advice that can’t be found in the owner’s manual.
This video is designed to help anyone, from a novice to an experienced ENG/EFP shooter, get the best results from their EX1 or EX1R by providing real-world examples and techniques that are easy to put into practice.
This workshop has been carefully researched, planned and scripted (not presented “live” or ad libbed). This DVD was produced by professionals with years of broadcast-level experience who have the knowledge to recognize what’s important about the EX1 and how to teach it without getting bogged down in jargon.
* Clip naming suggestions that will avoid disaster in post
* How to archive 2 copies of clips for less than $.65/GB
* Tips for setting exposure accurately
* Suggested Picture Profile settings
* Suggested focusing techniques
* Recommended settings for the Assign Buttons
* Suggestions for time-code settings
* Warnings about some features and settings to avoid
This DVD should come with every PMW-EX1. We own two PWM-EX1 camcorders and keep them at different locations. After watching only 4 chapters of this program, I decided to order a second copy. No owner of the PMW-EX1 should be without this program. Bob H
* B&W vs. Color viewfinder settings
* Suggested Shutter Speeds for various recording modes
* Tips for better looking Time-lapse clips
* Recording slow-motion
* Deleting clips on-the-fly
* Splitting clips
* Getting a perfect white balance
* Monitoring options for the EX1
* Managing storage space on the memory cards
* Importing clips into your computer
* Managing clips, making back-up copies, and archiving
* XDCAM Transfer overview settings
* Comparisons of various shooting modes
* Step-by-step instructions for import and archive