If your clients love their videos, they’ll tell their friends. Most of your competitors will be satisfied with the amount of referral business they get this way. You can do better. Below are six things you can do right now to get referrals from satisfied clients. While these tips are aimed at wedding videographers, they apply to all producers.
1. Bribe them: Offer them a gift for every referral they send you: a free copy of their video, gift certificates to a local gift shop, a month of Netflix, etc.
2. Ask them to act as a reference: Use your feedback form (included in the book Wedding Video For profit) to get their permission to have prospects call them.
3. Send a thank you note every time a previous client refers someone to you (regardless of whether you get the booking).
4. Send a first anniversary card to each couple whose wedding you’ve filmed.
5. Give the couple a gift-wrapped bottle of champagne or sparkling cider when they come to pick up their DVD or thumb drive.
6. Make it a point to ask them for referrals. Make sure every satisfied client walks out of your office with a handful of your brochures or business cards.
Excerpted from Wedding Video For Profit.
Looking for a great topic for your next video? Make a parody of a well-known film. The example above may get your creative juices flowing, but it will only be meaningful if you’ve seen Birdman which just won the Oscar for Best Picture on Sunday night. Below is the full length trailer. The film is […]Read More
On Tuesday November 8, 2016 GoPro issued a Go Pro Karma Recall and yanked its new Karma drone from retailers shelves because some of them lost power during flight. What caused the power loss has not been announced. The HERO5 Black and Karma Grip are not subject to recall. However, if you purchased the Karma […]Read More
The New York Times and Google gave away over a million virtual reality headsets. They also presented a virtual reality documentary.Read More