If your clients love their videos, they’ll tell their friends. Most of your competitors will be satisfied with the amount of referral business they get this way. You can do better. Below are six things you can do right now to get referrals from satisfied clients. While these tips are aimed at wedding videographers, they apply to all producers.
1. Bribe them: Offer them a gift for every referral they send you: a free copy of their video, gift certificates to a local gift shop, a month of Netflix, etc.
2. Ask them to act as a reference: Use your feedback form (included in the book Wedding Video For profit) to get their permission to have prospects call them.
3. Send a thank you note every time a previous client refers someone to you (regardless of whether you get the booking).
4. Send a first anniversary card to each couple whose wedding you’ve filmed.
5. Give the couple a gift-wrapped bottle of champagne or sparkling cider when they come to pick up their DVD or thumb drive.
6. Make it a point to ask them for referrals. Make sure every satisfied client walks out of your office with a handful of your brochures or business cards.
Excerpted from Wedding Video For Profit.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera now has an Active Speed Booster for Canon EF lenses. This opens up a vast array of great lenses.Read More
Orson Welles’ unfinished final film, “The Other Side of the Wind,” is about to be completed. Netflix has acquired global rights to ‘The Other Side of the Wind” and is financing the completion. To complete the film the producers have hired an Academy Award winning editor and an Academy Award winning sound mixer, Bob Murawski […]Read More