If your clients love their videos, they’ll tell their friends. Most of your competitors will be satisfied with the amount of referral business they get this way. You can do better. Below are six things you can do right now to get referrals from satisfied clients. While these tips are aimed at wedding videographers, they apply to all producers.
1. Bribe them: Offer them a gift for every referral they send you: a free copy of their video, gift certificates to a local gift shop, a month of Netflix, etc.
2. Ask them to act as a reference: Use your feedback form (included in the book Wedding Video For profit) to get their permission to have prospects call them.
3. Send a thank you note every time a previous client refers someone to you (regardless of whether you get the booking).
4. Send a first anniversary card to each couple whose wedding you’ve filmed.
5. Give the couple a gift-wrapped bottle of champagne or sparkling cider when they come to pick up their DVD or thumb drive.
6. Make it a point to ask them for referrals. Make sure every satisfied client walks out of your office with a handful of your brochures or business cards.
Excerpted from Wedding Video For Profit.
The Sigma 200 – 500mm with a Nikon F mount is an amazing lens. It has an aperture of F2.8 at the 500mm end and F5.6 at the 1000mm focal length. It’s a heavy one at 35 pounds. It’s pretty amazing. The only real catch I see is its price : $25,999.00. The customer reviewers […]Read More
Panasonic’s handheld AJ-PX270 camcorder records 10-bit, 4:2:2 video using a new codec based on its AVC-Ultra recording format. The new camcorder has 1/3-inch 3MOS sensors and a 22x optical zoom lens with separate zoom, focus and iris rings. Video recording is to microP2 cards (list prices: 32GB microP2 card: $250, 64GB microP2 card: $380). The […]Read More