If your clients love their videos, they’ll tell their friends. Most of your competitors will be satisfied with the amount of referral business they get this way. You can do better. Below are six things you can do right now to get referrals from satisfied clients. While these tips are aimed at wedding videographers, they apply to all producers.
1. Bribe them: Offer them a gift for every referral they send you: a free copy of their video, gift certificates to a local gift shop, a month of Netflix, etc.
2. Ask them to act as a reference: Use your feedback form (included in the book Wedding Video For profit) to get their permission to have prospects call them.
3. Send a thank you note every time a previous client refers someone to you (regardless of whether you get the booking).
4. Send a first anniversary card to each couple whose wedding you’ve filmed.
5. Give the couple a gift-wrapped bottle of champagne or sparkling cider when they come to pick up their DVD or thumb drive.
6. Make it a point to ask them for referrals. Make sure every satisfied client walks out of your office with a handful of your brochures or business cards.
Excerpted from Wedding Video For Profit.
GoPro and Google have joined forces to create a Virtual Reality camera rig with 16 GoPro HERO4 cameras. It’s called Jump. It can transform 16 pieces of video into one stereoscopic 360 degree VR video. The 360 degree camera array allows all 16 cameras to act as one. This makes camera syncing easy, and includes […]Read More
An 89-year old leading figure of the French New Wave, and an acclaimed 33 year-old French photographer and muralist co-direct this French art documentary/road movie. They travel in a photo van which has a photo booth and an oversized printer. Their mission is to make portraits of ordinary people. These portraits are super enlarged so […]Read More