If your clients love their videos, they’ll tell their friends. Most of your competitors will be satisfied with the amount of referral business they get this way. You can do better. Below are six things you can do right now to get referrals from satisfied clients. While these tips are aimed at wedding videographers, they apply to all producers.
1. Bribe them: Offer them a gift for every referral they send you: a free copy of their video, gift certificates to a local gift shop, a month of Netflix, etc.
2. Ask them to act as a reference: Use your feedback form (included in the book Wedding Video For profit) to get their permission to have prospects call them.
3. Send a thank you note every time a previous client refers someone to you (regardless of whether you get the booking).
4. Send a first anniversary card to each couple whose wedding you’ve filmed.
5. Give the couple a gift-wrapped bottle of champagne or sparkling cider when they come to pick up their DVD or thumb drive.
6. Make it a point to ask them for referrals. Make sure every satisfied client walks out of your office with a handful of your brochures or business cards.
Excerpted from Wedding Video For Profit.
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Quadcopter with FPV HD Video Camera, drone, quadcopterRead More
Full HD 360-Degree Spherical Panoramic Digital Camera Here’s what my friend Tim Doherty shot with his Ricoh Theta S. Use your mouse to click and slide the view. The Ricoh Theta S is available on Amazon. The Theta S will shoot 1080p HD at 30fps for up to 25 minutes per charge. It can also […]Read More
These are some of the most shared video ads in 2015. I did not include movie trailers, music videos for popular artists or any videos that are not possible without a large budget. I’ve tried to include only those that could be produced by a videographer like you or me. Most of the Best Shared […]Read More