Are your valuable movie memories piled in a box? Don’t let those treasured family gems turn to dust and disappear forever! Let us convert them to long-lasting DVDs, USB or digital! Our film capture systems provide flicker free, edge to edge clarity that is frame accurate. When we receive your films we do the following:
- Log each reel. We record as much information as possible (date, title, anything we can read).
- Inspect and clean the film. Every reel of film is inspected for damage (rips, bad splices) and repaired. We then apply a non-abrasive film cleaning solution that not only removes years of gunk, but also restores the film to a pliable condition so that it will run smoothly through our frame-by-frame film scanning system.
- Splice or repair any breaks in the film.
- Sequence the reels. We put them into date order, as long as we can find or read the date. If you have already numbered the reels, we will use that ordering scheme.
Everything you give to us – canisters, reels, boxes – are returned to you, along with your cleaned film on the master reels. Once the film is transferred onto our editing system we do the following:
- Edit out blank or poor quality footage. Anything that is considered “un-viewable”, such as over-exposed, totally black or totally white, or extremely blurry footage is removed during the editing process. But we err on the side of caution. If we can make out a face or scene, we leave it in. Chances are you or someone else will recognize that portion of the footage!
- Perform basic brightness/contrast adjustments. We see quite a bit of footage that is very dark or very washed out. We will do our best to improve the quality of the footage, but there are limits to what we can do.
FILM TRANSFER To DVD Or Digital
|REEL SIZE||# OF FEET||APPROX VIEWING TIME*||8MM/SUPER 8 ($.28/ft)||16MM ($.30/ft)|
* Actual viewing times vary depending on how the film was shot.
Minimum Charge For A Film Transfer Project Is $25.00
Film transfers include:
- DVD case with color sleeve and titles printed on spine
- Chapter points inserted at 5 minute intervals
- In order to produce the highest quality output, we transfer a maximum of TWO hours of footage onto DVD or USB.
- While we take every precaution to protect and preserve your films, we cannot assume responsibility for film that is given to us in poor condition.
A Family History Video
We now offer video history and biography documentaries. We’ll use your films, videos and photographs to create a video documentary of your life and your family’s life. For more details, discover our video biography and history services.
We can pick up and drop off your film transfer in Bristol and vicinity. We are located at:
Oak Tree Press
9 King Philip Ave
Bristol, Rhode Island 02809
Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
By Appointment Only
Our East Bay RI location is a short ride from Providence, Barrington, Warren, Newport near SouthCoast MA towns of Fall River, New Bedford.
Do you have videotapes to transfer to DVD? Click here for more information
Duplicate your DVDs Click here for more information.