- 1. Thou shalt not screw up thy client’s job.
- 2. Thou shalt not record in LP mode, lest ye receiveth thy glitch.
- 3. Thou shalt not mix tape brands, nor shalt thou allowest them to intermingle freely, lest ye recieveth thy glitch.
- 4. Honor thy Alimighty Vectorscope and thy Almighty Waveform Monitor, for in Darkness and in Light art thou guided by them.
- 5. Thou shalt not covet thy scene transition for the sake of vanity, but shalt thou cut with reason and purpose, and only then, keeping thy transitions modest.
- 6. Thou shalt have thy proper subject on screen at the proper time, thy speaker when he speaketh, thy reactor when he reacteth, thy glance and then thy object.
- 7. Thou shalt not cross axis.
- 8. Cast down thy recording tabs and breaketh them, and if thy tabs slideth, and not breaketh, then shalt thee slidith thy tabs into the “save” position, so that thine precious video might then be saved from eternal loss.
- 9. Loggeth thee thy master tapes, and with marked labels shalt thee cover them, for their nakedness is sinful.
- 10 Thou shalt not linger too long in black, lest thy viewer kick his TV set reproachfully, thinking it hath conked out again.
The Art of Film and Video Editing takes you beyond the hardware to the art of editing. This 9-part article is a course in the art and styles of editing. Includes videos. Don’t miss it.
The New York Times and Google gave away over a million virtual reality headsets. They also presented a virtual reality documentary.Read More
by Hal Landen This is a promotional video from Reveal Media, a company which manufactures police body cameras. Other manufacturers include Panasonic and Wolfcom. It’s Time for Police Body Cameras Body cameras also known as body worn video are typically used by law enforcement to record interactions with the public and to collect evidence at […]Read More