I’ve written about the VLC Media Player before. See A Better Replacement for Windows Media Player and Apple Quick Time. I swear by it and I’m not alone. Many video producers consider it their primary video viewer.
On the surface it is a straightforward video player, but it has many other capabilities. Such as it’s ability to convert video files. And it does a pretty good job. It may not be as powerful as Handbrake, but chances are you already have VLC (or you should) and the price is right- free!
Here’s how to convert a video file with VLC:
1. Go to Media, then click “Convert / Save.”
2. Under File / File Selection, click “Add”
3. Find the file you want to convert
4. Then at the bottom of the page, click “Convert / Save.”
5. On the next page under Profile choose the file type you want to covert to.
6. Name the file and choose a Destination.
7. Click “Start.”
Facebook video views now challenging YouTube. Advertisers delight.Read More
How to double your video video views by breaking the fourth wall.Read More
The REMOVU K1 is a small 4K gimbal camera. The small handhled camera has a built-in mic and a 1.5 inch LCD screen built into the grip. The K1 is equipped with 3-axis gimbal technology and a F2.8 wide angle lens. The sensor is a 1/2.3 inch CMOS 12MP (Sony IMX377). Video Resolution is 4K […]Read More