I’ve written about the VLC Media Player before. See A Better Replacement for Windows Media Player and Apple Quick Time. I swear by it and I’m not alone. Many video producers consider it their primary video viewer.
On the surface it is a straightforward video player, but it has many other capabilities. Such as it’s ability to convert video files. And it does a pretty good job. It may not be as powerful as Handbrake, but chances are you already have VLC (or you should) and the price is right- free!
Here’s how to convert a video file with VLC:
1. Go to Media, then click “Convert / Save.”
2. Under File / File Selection, click “Add”
3. Find the file you want to convert
4. Then at the bottom of the page, click “Convert / Save.”
5. On the next page under Profile choose the file type you want to covert to.
6. Name the file and choose a Destination.
7. Click “Start.”
You may have a profile photo you use for business, social or dating sites. How viewers see your profile photo is pretty important. But how do you know if your photo is being well received? Wouldn’t it be great if you could ask the opinions of hundreds of people of the gender and age range […]Read More
Every day some 8 Billion videos are viewed on Facebook, but most of them are viewed silently. As you probably know, video on Facebook plays automatically, but the sound is off by default. And most people really do not want to turn the sound on. So if you’re trying to promote anything with a video […]Read More