I’ve written about the VLC Media Player before. See A Better Replacement for Windows Media Player and Apple Quick Time. I swear by it and I’m not alone. Many video producers consider it their primary video viewer.
On the surface it is a straightforward video player, but it has many other capabilities. Such as it’s ability to convert video files. And it does a pretty good job. It may not be as powerful as Handbrake, but chances are you already have VLC (or you should) and the price is right- free!
Here’s how to convert a video file with VLC:
1. Go to Media, then click “Convert / Save.”
2. Under File / File Selection, click “Add”
3. Find the file you want to convert
4. Then at the bottom of the page, click “Convert / Save.”
5. On the next page under Profile choose the file type you want to covert to.
6. Name the file and choose a Destination.
7. Click “Start.”
Below is an example of Google Earth in a business video, in this case a real estate tour (just the first 40 seconds). The cloud footage is not Google, simply stock footage. Google Earth can create powerful HD videos of virtual trips anywhere around the world. What business client would not want a fly in […]Read More
4K TV describes any TV display technology with a total pixel count which is 4 times the final resolution that you’d find in ordinary Full HD TVs It need not have exactly 4,000 or more pixels horizontally. In fact most 4K TVs have a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 while some have more than 4000p […]Read More