I liked that video so much, I had to watch it twice. I kept looking for time lapse footage. Was it there or did I miss it again? In any case it was all shot with the GoPro Hero3+.
The GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition primary improvements include:
- 20% smaller in the underwater housing, lighter too and waterproof to 131’/40m.
- 33% improved image sharpness and reduced distortion
- Faster built in Wi-Fi for enhanced connectivity to the Wi-Fi Remote (included) and GoPro App
- Super View video mode captures wide angle view. GoPro claims this is the world’s most immersive wide angle perspective, but I doubt the part about world’s most
- 30% longer battery life. This is a welcome improvement as previous models go through batteries quickly.
It records in high-frame rate 1440p48, 1080p60, 960p100 and 720p120 video modes. 120 frames a second is not bad for an inexpensive camera. It’s time-lapse mode can capture at 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 second intervals. They also improved the sound quality and added advanced wind-noise reduction technology. The GoPro App lets you control the camera remotely with a smartphone or tablet. There’s also a silver edition which saves $100 by reducing some of the features.
There is still the rolling shutter or jello issue, but that can be eliminated by using a neutral density filter which will slow down the effective shutter speed. One user says he can shoot you can shoot above HD resolution, de-fish it, and render at 1080p and get really good results. Another says that with that many frames it’s easy to produce slower motion by using a slower time line using their included software.
More Than A Camera This company, which makes the camera we videographers love, just made the largest initial public offering of a consumer electronics company in more than 20 years! On the first day of trading the new stock (GPRO) jumped up more than 30%. The only other consumer electronic company to go public was […]Read More
The REMOVU K1 is a small 4K gimbal camera. The small handhled camera has a built-in mic and a 1.5 inch LCD screen built into the grip. The K1 is equipped with 3-axis gimbal technology and a F2.8 wide angle lens. The sensor is a 1/2.3 inch CMOS 12MP (Sony IMX377). Video Resolution is 4K […]Read More