I liked that video so much, I had to watch it twice. I kept looking for time lapse footage. Was it there or did I miss it again? In any case it was all shot with the GoPro Hero3+.
The GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition primary improvements include:
- 20% smaller in the underwater housing, lighter too and waterproof to 131’/40m.
- 33% improved image sharpness and reduced distortion
- Faster built in Wi-Fi for enhanced connectivity to the Wi-Fi Remote (included) and GoPro App
- Super View video mode captures wide angle view. GoPro claims this is the world’s most immersive wide angle perspective, but I doubt the part about world’s most
- 30% longer battery life. This is a welcome improvement as previous models go through batteries quickly.
It records in high-frame rate 1440p48, 1080p60, 960p100 and 720p120 video modes. 120 frames a second is not bad for an inexpensive camera. It’s time-lapse mode can capture at 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 second intervals. They also improved the sound quality and added advanced wind-noise reduction technology. The GoPro App lets you control the camera remotely with a smartphone or tablet. There’s also a silver edition which saves $100 by reducing some of the features.
There is still the rolling shutter or jello issue, but that can be eliminated by using a neutral density filter which will slow down the effective shutter speed. One user says he can shoot you can shoot above HD resolution, de-fish it, and render at 1080p and get really good results. Another says that with that many frames it’s easy to produce slower motion by using a slower time line using their included software.
Based on Nielsen’s metered markets, Super Bowl 50 averaged a 49.0 rating, meaning that 49% of U.S. homes with TV sets had the game turned on. That is a remarkable number and no wonder advertisers are willing to spend big bucks for those eyeballs. These are some of the funniest ads to come out of […]Read More
I just completed designing and building an 8×10 video camera, the first in the world that I know of. Essentially its off-axis reimaging of a projected image. It’s a bit like IMAX, but waaaaay bigger. – Zev Hoover Before you get too excited, the camera is indeed an 8 x 10 Video Camera, but the […]Read More