The contents of a Video Camera Kit vary a lot from shooter to shooter. The following are some of the things I believe are essential camcorder accessories. YMMV
1. Camera’s Owners Manual
(Lens tissue, Lens cleaning fluid, and blower/brush)
3. Small LED Flashlight
4. Rain Cover and/or garbage bag big enough for the camera
5. U/V or other Lens Filters
6. AC Power supply for camera
7. Camcorder Batteries and Battery Charger
8. Insert Slate
and dry-erase markers
There’s lots of really bad Gaffers Tape around. Much of it is just Duct Tape. Please don’t use Duct tape on any video job. It leaves a residue, can remove paint, and has many other annoying qualities. Real Gaffers Tape costs more. It has a cloth rather than plastic backing. It tears easily. It does not leave a residue and and, if you are careful, will not remove paint. Read the user reviews at Amazon and you will see what I mean.
10. Memory cards and case. (Don’t carry unprotected cards in your pocket.)
11. Important Phone Numbers of camera repair shop, rentals, freelancers, etc.
12. Pen and Paper
13. Business Cards
14. Breath mints or spray
15. Lacie or other Rugged 500gb drives (if you will need to download footage)
16. Compact Still camera
17. Extra pair of reading glasses if you need them
18. Cell Phone (turned off)
20. Measuring Tape (if your camera lens has distance markings. Beware that the distance markings are not always accurate.)
Note: DSLR shooters will need more accessories than are needed for a camcorder. Now there’s also an Audio Kit and a Lighting and Grip Kit. They are another story.
FAA takes first legal action against model airplane pilot. Raphael Pirker was fined $10,000 for illegallyRead More
If you are transferring home movies (either film or video) as a commercial service, you should know about the non-profit Center For Home Movies . They sponsor Home Movie Day which will be on October 17, 2015. The site also will show you some possibilities you may not have considered. For instance numerous feature-length documentaries […]Read More