The contents of a Video Camera Kit vary a lot from shooter to shooter. The following are some of the things I believe are essential camcorder accessories. YMMV
1. Camera’s Owners Manual
(Lens tissue, Lens cleaning fluid, and blower/brush)
3. Small LED Flashlight
4. Rain Cover and/or garbage bag big enough for the camera
5. U/V or other Lens Filters
6. AC Power supply for camera
7. Camcorder Batteries and Battery Charger
8. Insert Slate
and dry-erase markers
There’s lots of really bad Gaffers Tape around. Much of it is just Duct Tape. Please don’t use Duct tape on any video job. It leaves a residue, can remove paint, and has many other annoying qualities. Real Gaffers Tape costs more. It has a cloth rather than plastic backing. It tears easily. It does not leave a residue and and, if you are careful, will not remove paint. Read the user reviews at Amazon and you will see what I mean.
10. Memory cards and case. (Don’t carry unprotected cards in your pocket.)
11. Important Phone Numbers of camera repair shop, rentals, freelancers, etc.
12. Pen and Paper
13. Business Cards
14. Breath mints or spray
15. Lacie or other Rugged 500gb drives (if you will need to download footage)
16. Compact Still camera
17. Extra pair of reading glasses if you need them
18. Cell Phone (turned off)
20. Measuring Tape (if your camera lens has distance markings. Beware that the distance markings are not always accurate.)
Note: DSLR shooters will need more accessories than are needed for a camcorder. Now there’s also an Audio Kit and a Lighting and Grip Kit. They are another story.
More Than A Camera This company, which makes the camera we videographers love, just made the largest initial public offering of a consumer electronics company in more than 20 years! On the first day of trading the new stock (GPRO) jumped up more than 30%. The only other consumer electronic company to go public was […]Read More