The contents of a Video Camera Kit vary a lot from shooter to shooter. The following are some of the things I believe are essential camcorder accessories. YMMV
1. Camera’s Owners Manual
(Lens tissue, Lens cleaning fluid, and blower/brush)
3. Small LED Flashlight
4. Rain Cover and/or garbage bag big enough for the camera
5. U/V or other Lens Filters
6. AC Power supply for camera
7. Camcorder Batteries and Battery Charger
8. Insert Slate
and dry-erase markers
There’s lots of really bad Gaffers Tape around. Much of it is just Duct Tape. Please don’t use Duct tape on any video job. It leaves a residue, can remove paint, and has many other annoying qualities. Real Gaffers Tape costs more. It has a cloth rather than plastic backing. It tears easily. It does not leave a residue and and, if you are careful, will not remove paint. Read the user reviews at Amazon and you will see what I mean.
10. Memory cards and case. (Don’t carry unprotected cards in your pocket.)
11. Important Phone Numbers of camera repair shop, rentals, freelancers, etc.
12. Pen and Paper
13. Business Cards
14. Breath mints or spray
15. Lacie or other Rugged 500gb drives (if you will need to download footage)
16. Compact Still camera
17. Extra pair of reading glasses if you need them
18. Cell Phone (turned off)
20. Measuring Tape (if your camera lens has distance markings. Beware that the distance markings are not always accurate.)
Note: DSLR shooters will need more accessories than are needed for a camcorder. Now there’s also an Audio Kit and a Lighting and Grip Kit. They are another story.
These glasses give new meaning to the term POV!. 1080P with audio. Records up to 60 minutes. Works with MAC and PC. Download with USB cable.Read More
The Black Betty Camera looks like a 16mm film camera, but it's a custom-designed housing that includes a Silicon Imaging SI-2K Mini Camera Head and an Apple Mac Mini. The camera head produces digital cinema class 2048x1152 resolution. The SI-2K Mini camera head has been as a second camera in films like Slumdog Millionare and 127 Hours.The small form Mac Mini is Apple's first computer to include an HDMI video port.Read More