Excerpted from the book Wedding Video for Profit
- Referrals are the key to a profitable wedding video business. Unlike ads, referred clients costs nothing to book and much of the selling has often already done for you. With referred clients, price is often a minor issue. Start today to launch a methodical campaign to boost your rate of referrals.
- Testimonials are one of the most powerful marketing techniques you can use. Solicit testimonials from every one of your clients using a feedback form. Use these testimonials in all of your marketing materials including letters you send to other wedding professionals.
- Use a “smart contract” contract to insure that payments terms, non-refundable deposits, and other vital issues are clearly stated before the job begins. For a complete set of 10 wedding video contracts on CD ROM, with forms and proven sales materials see Wedding Video For Profit.
- Focus on prospects who can afford to pay more. You’ll avoid self-defeating price wars and enhance your credibility with other wedding professionals who can provide a steady source of referrals. Higher priced packages create more opportunities for additional sales.
- Test new rates and packages regularly. Even if you think you could never sell a package that costs a thousand dollars more, add a “Supreme Package” to your rate sheet. If you have three different package prices, most people will choose your middle package, but there are always a few who will go for your higher-priced Supreme Package that includes everything.
- Work with a good accountant so your home business will be entitled to thousands of dollars of legal tax deductions. A home office that meets certain requirements will enable you to deduct a percentage of your home expenses including: mortgage interest, electricity, telephone, garbage pickup, and many others.
Warner Bros. Animation announced Looney Tunes Cartoons will return in 2019. These animated shorts relied on traditional slapstick-driven stories. They will be shorter than the originals. The new cartoons will range from one to six minutes. The first season will consist of some 1,000 minutes of animation. They will be broadcast both on television and […]Read More
New Super 8 Film Camera with XLR audio and digital technology. First new Super 8 in 30 years.Read More
I just completed designing and building an 8×10 video camera, the first in the world that I know of. Essentially its off-axis reimaging of a projected image. It’s a bit like IMAX, but waaaaay bigger. – Zev Hoover Before you get too excited, the camera is indeed an 8 x 10 Video Camera, but the […]Read More