Excerpted from the book Wedding Video for Profit
- Referrals are the key to a profitable wedding video business. Unlike ads, referred clients costs nothing to book and much of the selling has often already done for you. With referred clients, price is often a minor issue. Start today to launch a methodical campaign to boost your rate of referrals.
- Testimonials are one of the most powerful marketing techniques you can use. Solicit testimonials from every one of your clients using a feedback form. Use these testimonials in all of your marketing materials including letters you send to other wedding professionals.
- Use a “smart contract” contract to insure that payments terms, non-refundable deposits, and other vital issues are clearly stated before the job begins. For a complete set of 10 wedding video contracts on CD ROM, with forms and proven sales materials see Wedding Video For Profit.
- Focus on prospects who can afford to pay more. You’ll avoid self-defeating price wars and enhance your credibility with other wedding professionals who can provide a steady source of referrals. Higher priced packages create more opportunities for additional sales.
- Test new rates and packages regularly. Even if you think you could never sell a package that costs a thousand dollars more, add a “Supreme Package” to your rate sheet. If you have three different package prices, most people will choose your middle package, but there are always a few who will go for your higher-priced Supreme Package that includes everything.
- Work with a good accountant so your home business will be entitled to thousands of dollars of legal tax deductions. A home office that meets certain requirements will enable you to deduct a percentage of your home expenses including: mortgage interest, electricity, telephone, garbage pickup, and many others.
Change the settings on your player to 2160p (4K) Need some great background for a title sequence or other use? NASA footage is in the public domain because like all government video, this NASA 4K video was produced with U.S. taxpayer dollars. The footage is easily available on the NASA website and on YouTube. And […]Read More
FAA takes first legal action against model airplane pilot. Raphael Pirker was fined $10,000 for illegallyRead More
More Than A Camera This company, which makes the camera we videographers love, just made the largest initial public offering of a consumer electronics company in more than 20 years! On the first day of trading the new stock (GPRO) jumped up more than 30%. The only other consumer electronic company to go public was […]Read More