Excerpted from the book Wedding Video for Profit
- Referrals are the key to a profitable wedding video business. Unlike ads, referred clients costs nothing to book and much of the selling has often already done for you. With referred clients, price is often a minor issue. Start today to launch a methodical campaign to boost your rate of referrals.
- Testimonials are one of the most powerful marketing techniques you can use. Solicit testimonials from every one of your clients using a feedback form. Use these testimonials in all of your marketing materials including letters you send to other wedding professionals.
- Use a “smart contract” contract to insure that payments terms, non-refundable deposits, and other vital issues are clearly stated before the job begins. For a complete set of 10 wedding video contracts on CD ROM, with forms and proven sales materials see Wedding Video For Profit.
- Focus on prospects who can afford to pay more. You’ll avoid self-defeating price wars and enhance your credibility with other wedding professionals who can provide a steady source of referrals. Higher priced packages create more opportunities for additional sales.
- Test new rates and packages regularly. Even if you think you could never sell a package that costs a thousand dollars more, add a “Supreme Package” to your rate sheet. If you have three different package prices, most people will choose your middle package, but there are always a few who will go for your higher-priced Supreme Package that includes everything.
- Work with a good accountant so your home business will be entitled to thousands of dollars of legal tax deductions. A home office that meets certain requirements will enable you to deduct a percentage of your home expenses including: mortgage interest, electricity, telephone, garbage pickup, and many others.
The new DJI Phantom 4 claims to have a crash avoidance system. And for $1400 you would think it should. Well, some crazy guys over at TechSmartt needed to test that claim. Can they crash this drone? Fortunately they made a video to document their attempts. And besides their attempts to crash this drone, the […]Read More
Photographing light trails at night has been a popular technique of both still photographers and videographers. We’ve all seen the light trails of night traffic in a time lapse video. Light painting in still photography can be done a couple of ways. One way is to take a long exposure and move the lights during […]Read More
The Sigma 200 – 500mm with a Nikon F mount is an amazing lens. It has an aperture of F2.8 at the 500mm end and F5.6 at the 1000mm focal length. It’s a heavy one at 35 pounds. It’s pretty amazing. The only real catch I see is its price : $25,999.00. The customer reviewers […]Read More