Excerpts from the book
The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
· Aim high so you can create your own reality and write your own rules.
· Step outside of your comfort zone and take action now.
· Try to gain the freedom of remote working within your current job.
· Be effective on the job by working on things with the goal of gaining remote work.
· The 80/20 rule applies with work: 20% of work will bring 80% of results. So, focus on being productive instead of busy.
· Time is money. Remove things that reduce your effectiveness at the job.
· Finish your high priority items before noon.
· Address email and voicemail messages after completing the high priority tasks are done. Then bundle tasks to finish them.
· Appear bigger; because people trust larger companies.
· Be picky about your customers. The 20/80 rule applies. Top 20% of your customers will be responsible for 80% of revenue, so attend to them.
· Don’t start your day by checking emails.
· The worst-case scenario from making a decision is usually not as bad as you think.
Excerpted from The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
Two new large format cinema cameras, the Kinefinity Mavo and the Mavo LF, will be compared to the ARRI, Sony, and RED large format cameras. Produced by the Chinese camera company, Kinefinity, these cameras offer 6K resolution at affordable prices. Kinefinity Mavo Tech Specs 6016×4016 open gate resolution CinemaDNG 3:1, 5:1 and 7:1., ProRes 444XQ, […]Read More
FAA takes first legal action against model airplane pilot. Raphael Pirker was fined $10,000 for illegallyRead More
DriverSavers is offering free data recovery service for victims of Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma who have water damaged devices resulting from the flooding. Because exposure to water and air cause corrosion on electronic circuitry, they have set deadlines for these devices: September 15th for Harvey devices and September 30th for Irma devices. There is […]Read More