Excerpts from the book
The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
· Aim high so you can create your own reality and write your own rules.
· Step outside of your comfort zone and take action now.
· Try to gain the freedom of remote working within your current job.
· Be effective on the job by working on things with the goal of gaining remote work.
· The 80/20 rule applies with work: 20% of work will bring 80% of results. So, focus on being productive instead of busy.
· Time is money. Remove things that reduce your effectiveness at the job.
· Finish your high priority items before noon.
· Address email and voicemail messages after completing the high priority tasks are done. Then bundle tasks to finish them.
· Appear bigger; because people trust larger companies.
· Be picky about your customers. The 20/80 rule applies. Top 20% of your customers will be responsible for 80% of revenue, so attend to them.
· Don’t start your day by checking emails.
· The worst-case scenario from making a decision is usually not as bad as you think.
Excerpted from The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss